It will take all of us working together to address the plight of our favorite pollinators! The good news is that what is good for honey bees … fewer pesticides and more native forage … is also good for other pollinators (native bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds). And changes to how we grow our food… fewer pesticides, more plant diversity, regenerating soil … will help pollinators, humans, and our ecosystems. Luckily, there are many ways that individuals and businesses alike can join together to support honey bee populations.
- Avoid using herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides on your lawn and garden.
- Support regenerative agriculture, buy from organic farms and nurseries.
- Support beekeepers! Buy their honey. Pay them a premium price.
- Plant native flowering shrubs and trees.
- Plant pollinator friendly flowers and cover crops that bloom in different seasons.
- Become a beekeeper.
- Donate to SAVE the BEE.